Our Community Yoga class is a donation based class with all proceeds then being donated to that term's chosen charity. YogaHara choses a local charity each term to be the recipient of the funds raised in this Community Yoga class. All the money donated goes back to the community, so not only are you offering yourself the gift of yoga, you are making an offering to your community in a meaningful way. We encourage you to give generously to support your local community. The regular class fee is $22, but please give what you can afford. Your donation is supporting people who are probably worse off than you.
Mother Theresa has been quoted as saying "Give, but give until it hurts."
Community Yoga is for everyone. Families, all abilities, all ages. Everyone is welcome.
Every Sunday morning of term at 8.45am.
Our term 1, 2018 Charity is:
Since we started Community Yoga in 2014 we have raised a total of $12,496.30 and supported the following charities:
- The OTIS Foundation
- Kalianna School
- Walk Against Women's Cancer
- Righteous Pups Australia
- Bendigo FoodShare
- Annie North Women's Refuge
- Bendigo Girl Guides
- Bendigo White Ribbon
- Rotary's Star Thrower Program
- Ks for Karlee
- Bendigo Community Toy Library
- Bendigo Animal Welfare and Community Services
Thank you to everyone who supports our Community Yoga class and a special thank you to everyone who comes to regular classes. It is because of you that we can provide this program.
If you know of a group doing awesome things for our local community, please email me so we can consider them for 2017.
Conditions of Community Yoga
- It is not a free class, please make a donation.
- There are no bookings, first in best spot. If the door is locked, the class is full.
- It is not a make up class, if you come to this class you need to make a donation regardless of whether you are registered and have paid for other classes, or have classes to make up.
- You must sign in. It is important that we know you were there.
- You will need to complete a health questionnaire if you are new to YogaHara and all the information in the etiquette section still applies.