The Red Tent tradition has been honoured historically in many different societies. In the last decade, women have been rediscovering the ancient tradition and finding it to be a positive, insightful and nurturing monthly ritual.
In the past it was a place where women would gather each month to rest, rejuvenate and honour their mooncycle (menstruation) and also a space where women conducted rite of passage ceremonies to assist each other with the emotional and psychological milestones of life.
For women, attuning themselves to the lunar cycle is the easiest way to reconnect with and empower the feminine sense of self. The new moon is believed to be the best time to meditate and access our intuition and also, to give ourselves time to rest and rejuvenate.
What to expect at a Red Tent evening:
- Firstly, it is not a yoga class, but you would be welcome to come to the 6pm class prior to the Red Tent sessions,
- Discussion about the current new moon and astrological influences,
- Guided relaxation and meditation,
- Awareness and intuitive exercises,
- A time to be held, loved and listened to,
- The circle usually closes with a cuppa, and of course chocolate.
Red Tent evenings are facilitated by Sally and are held once a month on a Friday from 7.30pm to about 9.00pm (allow time for a cuppa) on or around the new moon.
Friday August 10th
Friday September 7th
Friday October 12th
Friday November 9th
Friday December 7th