This term we have been focusing on Nadi Shodhana (alternate nostril breathing).
And as I have said many times, but reiterating again this week, if you only do one 'yoga' related thing each day - THIS IS IT. If you do Nadi Shodhana each day you are doing a daily yoga practice.
Nadi means channel or pathway and Shodhana means purify. Nadi Shodhana is a fantastic, simple and powerful way to cleanse all our internal (energetic, physical) pathways.
It may help to:
🙏 boost our immune system
🙏 lower our heart rate
🙏 reduce stress
🙏 balance the two hemispheres of the brain
🙏 boost our energy
🙏 help us be more focused
- Bring your index and middle finger to the eyebrow centre (or curl them into the palm if that feels better) and rest the thumb and ring finger either side of the nose.
- Close the right nostril, inhale through the left,
- Close the left, exhale through the right,
- Inhale through the right,
- Close the right, exhale through the left.
This is one round (two breaths), continue for as many rounds as you like. Keep the breath smooth and long.
So get to it. Twice a day, sitting on the edge of your bed, morning and night.